Here’s the perfect date-night dinner to make your special someone feel extra special! There’s nothing more satisfying like a delicious surf-and-turf feast to celebrate a love-filled day!
There’s no need to feel intimidated at the prospect of preparing a steak and seafood meal. This recipe is relatively easy to pull together. The special crowning touch to the meal is the lemon juice sauce and champagne that adds an extra tasty kick and helps the flavors of the steak and scallops ooze into every bite.
This sensational meal brought to you by our friends at Coastal Living.com:
Yield: 2 servings
- 2 (4-ounce) beef tenderloin steaks
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ⅛ teaspoon cracked black pepper
- 6 large sea scallops
- ¼ teaspoon crushed pink peppercorns
- 1 tablespoon olive oil, divided
- ⅓ cup Champagne or dry white wine
- 1 ½ teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon minced shallots
- 3 tablespoons butter, cut into pieces
- Sprinkle steaks on both sides with ⅛ teaspoon each of salt and black pepper. Sprinkle scallops on both sides with ⅛ teaspoon each of salt and pink peppercorns.
- Heat 1 ½ teaspoons of oil in a large cast-iron or heavy-bottom nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add steaks and cook 3 minutes on each side (for medium-rare) or until desired degree of doneness. Transfer to a platter; cover and keep warm.
- Add remaining 1 ½ teaspoons of oil to skillet. Add scallops and cook 2 minutes on each side or until done. Transfer to platter; cover and keep warm.
- Add champagne, lemon juice, and shallots to pan and bring to a boil. Cook 3 minutes or until reduced to 2 tablespoons. Remove from heat. Add butter, 1 piece at a time, whisking constantly until butter is thoroughly incorporated. Season sauce to taste with salt and black pepper. Top steak and scallops with sauce
Enjoy a delicious wine or even champagne with your dinner, and enjoy! At Lobster Gram, we’re known for our excellent live Maine lobster dinners and succulent seafood, but when it comes to mail-order filet mignon and steak chops, we can’t be beat.
Lobster Gram steaks are cold-aged for a minimum of 21 days to ensure maximum flavor potential and melt-in-your-mouth tenderness. Our steaks and chops are procured from the same butchers that serve five-star steakhouses, which ensures that you’ll have a high-quality steak that perfectly complements our great seafood (particularly our giant lobster tails!).
And remember, you can complete your meal with a mouth-watering seafood dinner side dish to take your steak dinner to the next level. Check out our available mail-order steaks & chops today!