There’s nothing like a hot bowl of soup. But if you’re craving a soup with a little more ZING to it, that combines the rich flavor of coconut milk and sweet, succulent lobster, try the exotic taste of this Spicy Thai Lobster Soup.
Today’s must-try recipe comes to you courtesy of My Recipes.com: http://www.myrecipes.com/recipe/spicy-thai-lobster-soup
Makes: 4 servings
- 2 lobster tails, cooked*
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 to 1 ½ tablespoons Asian Blend
- 4 cups fish or chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon grated lime rind
- ⅓ cup uncooked long-grain rice
- 1 cup unsweetened coconut milk
- 6 large mushrooms, sliced
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 1 Thai or bird's eye chili, halved
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- Garnishes: fresh cilantro, lime wedge
*¾ pound peeled and deveined shrimp may be substituted for lobster
- Remove lobster meat from shell; slice and set aside.
- Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Stir in Asian Blend; sauté 1 minute. Add broth and lime rind; bring to a boil. Stir in rice. Cover, reduce heat, and simmer 15 to 20 minutes.
- Stir in coconut milk and mushrooms; cook, stirring occasionally, 5 minutes. Stir in lobster, green onion, chili, and cilantro; cook 3 to 5 minutes. Remove from heat, and stir in lime juice. Garnish, if desired.
As an equally delicious option, you can substitute succulent shrimp in place of the lobster. Each are superb ingredients, and at Lobster Gram, we’ve got the biggest, best-tasting shrimp you can find. Our COLOSSAL size shrimp are even more gigantic than our jumbo shrimp. And we can ship it to you wherever you are, cooked, peeled and deveined. Lobster Gram provides some of the best mail-order Maine lobster and gourmet seafood dinners you’ll find anywhere. Order today!