If you’ve been thinking that you’ve lost your cooking mojo, fear not! All it takes is some savory, succulent shrimp marinated in a zingy, tangy mixture to bring it back with taste!
Just prepare and serve this amazingly delicious dish and you’ll get your mojo back where it belongs! This remarkable recipe for Mojo Shrimp is from our friends at Delish.com
Total Time: 30 minutes
Prep Time: 15 minutes
- 7 cloves garlic, finely minced
- extra-virgin olive oil
- ⅓ cup fresh orange juice
- ⅓ cup fresh lime juice
- 1 tsp. dried oregano
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 lb. shrimp, peeled and deveined
- kosher salt
- ¼ cup chopped cilantro
- Cooked white rice, for serving
- Make marinade: In a medium bowl, combine garlic, ½ cup olive oil, orange juice, lime juice, cumin, and oregano. Season with salt and pepper and whisk to combine. Reserve about ½ cup of marinade to use later.
- Add shrimp to marinade and toss until combined. Cover and refrigerate for 15 minutes.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, add enough olive oil to coat the bottom of the skillet. When the oil is shimmering, add shrimp in a single layer. Sear until the shrimp is pink on the bottom, about 2 minutes. Flip shrimp and cook 1 more minute.
- Add the reserved marinade and bring liquid to a simmer. Simmer shrimp in marinade for 1 minute. Remove from skillet heat and stir in chopped cilantro.
- Serve immediately over white rice.
With ingredients like oregano, lime juice, orange juice, and cilantro in a rich marinade, this recipe will make you think you’re on a vacation in the caribbean! The flavor experience of this Mojo Shrimp is one-of-a-kind and guaranteed to help you get a groove on in the kitchen that’ll impress everyone!