This recipe featured by InStyle author Jennifer Causey, showcases an amazing new twist on Lobster Rolls. Try these mini chili lobster rolls, created by chef Marc Forgione, with a cold pitcher of beer.
Makes 20 mini rolls
Active Time 20 minutes
Total Time 2 hours, 20 minutes
- 1 tbsp canola oil
- 2 tbsp finely chopped fresh ginger
- 2 tbsp minced shallots
- 2 tbsp mirin
- 4 1½-lb lobsters, steamed, meat removed and coarsely chopped
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 3 tbsp Sriracha chili sauce
- 2 tbsp yuzu juice
- 3/4 tsp kosher salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1 cup finely chopped celery
- 4 scallions, green and white parts separated, each thinly sliced
- 2 tbsp thinly sliced fresh mint
- 10 small potato rolls
1. Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat until shimmering; add ginger and shallots, and cook, stirring often, until shallots are translucent and beginning to brown, about 3 minutes. Add mirin, stirring to loosen browned bits from bottom of skillet. Remove from heat; add lobster meat, stirring to coat.
2. Stir together mayonnaise, Sriracha, yuzu juice, salt, and pepper in a medium bowl; add lobster mixture, celery, white scallion slices, and mint, and stir. Cover and chill for 2-24 hours.
3. To create mini buns, cut rolls in half crosswise, and slice each piece halfway down lengthwise.
4. Fill rolls with lobster salad. Top with green scallion slices and serve.