If you’re a fan of Surf and Turf, here’s the ultimate recipe that’s sure to impress everyone! Just imagine the Ooh’s, Aah’s and Mmm’s you’ll hear when your dinner guests get a look at and get a taste of a tender, succulent beef tenderloin stuffed with lobster.
Today’s mouthwatering surf and turf creation comes from our friends at allrecipes.com.
Prep: 30 minutes
Cook: 1 hour
Total Time: 1 hr. 30 min.
- 3 whole lobster tails
- 4 pounds beef tenderloin filet
- 1 cup butter
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 3 cups white wine
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon cracked black pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Add lobster tails, and cook for 5 to 6 minutes. Remove from water, rinse and remove shells. Cut tail meat in half lengthwise.
- Cut tenderloin lengthwise, to within ¾ inch of the bottom. Fill center of meat with lobster tails.
- In a saucepan, melt butter with lemon juice, garlic powder and 1 cup of the wine.
- Drizzle about ¼ of the butter mixture over the lobster.
- Tie the tenderloin with kitchen string.
- Rub tenderloin with olive oil and place in a roasting pan. Pour remaining wine in bottom of pan. Sprinkle with cracked pepper.
- Bake in preheated oven for 45 minutes to 1 hour. Stir garlic salt into remaining butter mixture, and serve with slices of roast.
You can’t go wrong with a dinner that includes lobster and beef. And, at Lobster Gram, we’re known not only for our live Maine lobster dinners and succulent seafood, but the finest mail-order filet mignon and steak chops.
Our steaks and chops are procured from the same butchers that supply five-star steakhouses, so you can rest assured of that you’re getting the perfect complement to your seafood! Visit our online store for delicious mail-order steaks, chops and side dishes today!