Lobster can find its way into just about anything! And the result is usually something that makes for a totally unique, flavorful, and exotic taste experience. This time, we’re taking lobster to the world of pizza, and proving that lobster in or on anything, is amazing!
This excitingly delicious recipe is brought to you from How Sweet Eats.
Serving Size: 4
Total Time: 1 hour
- 1 box DeLallo’s* instant polenta
- 8 ounces mascarpone cheese, at room temperature
- 2 heads roasted garlic
- 8 ounces fontina cheese, freshly grated
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2-4 lobster tails, raw and removed from shell (use as many as you want)
- 1 jar DeLallo’s* semi dried cherry tomatoes
- Fresh basil leaves for topping
- Fresh grated parmesan cheese for topping
* Click the link below to find a store near you that carries DeLallo’s products. https://www.delallo.com/shop/store-locator.html
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Prepare the polenta (the DeLallo instant version has about 1 cup of dry polenta, but you can cook any kind of polenta you want as long as it’s spread in a thin layer) until it is just thickened, then spread it out into a thin layer on a nonstick baking sheet. Bake the crust for 20 to 25 minutes, or until it is slightly crispy and set in a crust. Remove and let the crust cool slightly.
- Add the mascarpone to a bowl. Squeeze the roasted garlic cloves into a smaller bowl and add a pinch of salt, then mash well with a fork. Add the garlic to the mascarpone and stir until combined.
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat and add olive oil and butter. Add the lobster tails and cook until they are just opaque and bright red in color—be sure to not over cook since they will cook more in the oven. Remove from heat immediately and sprinkle with a pinch of salt and pepper. Allow to cool slightly then chop into pieces.
- To make the pizza, spread the roasted garlic mascarpone over the crust, leaving an inch or so around the ends. Sprinkle three quarters of the fontina on top, then add the lobster pieces and the cherry tomatoes. Sprinkle the remaining cheese on top.
- Bake for 15 to 20 minutes, or until the cheese is bubbly and the crust is crispier. Remove from the oven and sprinkle with fresh basil leaves and Parmesan cheese. Cut into slices. Serve immediately.
...Now, there couldn’t be anything more divinely delicious that you could prepare for a weekend brunch, a Friday night pizza party, or date night dinner. The flavors that mix and mingle in every bite are sure to tickle your tastebuds and leave them wanting more. Try this tasteful twist on pizza today!