A neighbor that makes this weekly for her hungry crew was kind enough to share her home-grown recipe with us. So quick to assemble, it makes the ideal week- night meal, or anytime you need a great fresh dinner in a pinch.
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2-3 cloves garlic, minced or crushed (or use as many cloves as your palate can handle!)
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed dried red pepper flakes
- 2 lbs. clams, cooked, with 3/4 cup cooking juice (remove meat from shell and chop)
- 1/3 cup sliced green olives
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
- 1 pound (16 oz.) linguine
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 2 Tbsp. chopped fresh parsley, or other fresh herbs you enjoy (i.e. basil and oregano)
- ½ cup of shredded Parmesan cheese
- fresh ground black pepper, to taste
Heat the oil in a medium skillet over low heat. When oil is hot, add garlic.
Sauté for approximately 1-2 minutes, making sure not to brown the garlic.
Add the red pepper flakes and sauté for 1 more minute.
Add the clams with their juice, sliced olives and wine. Simmer uncovered for 10 minutes.
While the clams are simmering, cook the linguine in a pot of boiling water according to its directions, until al dente or slightly firm to the bite.
Drain pasta and add the linguine to the skillet containing the finished clam sauce.
Toss the pasta in the sauce and sprinkle with chopped fresh parsley and lemon juice.
Cook for 1 more minute over low heat, toss again and top with parmesan cheese and black pepper if desired. Serve immediately.