Packed with zest and Latin flavor, you can’t go wrong with a dish like this to spice up a date night dinner! It’s easy sure to impress that special someone.
So let’s get cooking and ready to enjoy an amazing meal! This one is brought to us by FoodSoGoodMall.com:
Prep: 15 minutes
Cook: 25 minutes
Skill Level: Easy
- 1 lb. large shrimp, peeled and deveined, tail on
- 1 lb. lobster tail, cut into 2 inch chunks
- 1 large Spanish onion, diced
- 5-6 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 small bunch cilantro, with stems and leaves, diced
- ½ yellow bell pepper chopped
- ½ red bell pepper chopped
- 2 tsp. Goya adobo seasoning
- 1-2 tsp. Cumin
- 1 (12 oz.) can tomato sauce
- 1 (12 oz.) can beer
- 2 cups cooked white rice
- 1 serrano or jalapeno pepper to taste
- Cilantro leaves for garnish
- 2 tbs. extra virgin olive oil
- Peel and devein the shrimp. Set aside. Remove the lobster tail meat from the shell and cut into 2 inch pieces. Set aside.
- Meanwhile cook the rice.
- Add remaining 1 ½ teaspoons of oil to skillet. Add scallops and cook 2 minutes on each side or until done. Transfer to platter; cover and keep warm.
- In a large sauté pan add the olive oil and using medium high-heat, sauté the onions, bell peppers, Serrano peppers and garlic.
- Sauté for about 3 minutes or until the onions are clear and the peppers are slightly soft. Season with salt and pepper.
- Add the tomato sauce, beer and minced cilantro and allow to cook down using medium heat for about 15 minutes.
- Taste for seasoning and add the adobo seasoning and cumin, and adjust as necessary.
- Add the shrimp and lobster and cook until shrimp is pink (or substitute with cooked shrimp) and the lobster is just cooked through. 3-4 minutes.
- Re-taste for seasoning and adjust if desired.
- Serve over white rice, and garnish with cilantro leaves.
Let us know how your Latin Shrimp and Tomato Sauce and Beer turns out! Have a favorite recipe of your own? We’d love to hear about it! Comment below or shoot us an email.