Shrimp are one of nature’s tastiest sea creatures to cook, and one of the most popular to eat, judging by how frequently they’re used in countless recipes and appear on menus in all kinds of restaurants (‘Jumbo Shrimp Parmesan’ catching our eye).
Whether they’re the peel and eat kind, cooked and ready to eat kind, fresh frozen and uncooked, or pre-peeled and deveined, shrimp are really quite easy to enjoy prepared in many different ways...boiled, broiled, deep-fried, grilled, pan-fried, or poached!
Today’s recipe is for Jumbo Shrimp Parmesan, a classic, delicious, shrimp dish that combines a savory breadcrumb coating with flavorful parmesan cheese and rich butter. It’s the perfect meal to cook for an intimate dinner for two! This delicious recipe comes to us from GeniusKitchen.com.
Ready In: 40 minutes
- 12 shrimp (10 to 12 per lb.)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 clove minced garlic
- Salt and pepper
- ½ cup unseasoned breadcrumbs
- ¼ cup grated parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- 1 medium lemon, cut in wedges
- Preheat oven to 475 degrees.
- Peel and devein* shrimp, leaving tails intact.
- Mix together olive oil, garlic and salt and pepper in a bowl.
- Add shrimp and toss lightly to coat.
- Refrigerate 30 minutes to an hour.
- In shallow bowl, combine bread crumbs and Parmesan cheese.
- Place each shrimp in bread crumb mixture and turn them to lightly coat both sides.
- Arrange shrimp so that they aren’t touching each other in an ungreased 9 x 13 pan.
- Drizzle with melted butter.
- Place pan on the center rack of oven and bake for 10 minutes or until done.
- Serve immediately with lemon wedges.
*Cooked, peeled, and deveined shrimp may be substituted.
All you need now is a simple Caprese salad, a little bruschetta or garlic bread, some steamed broccoli, and the perfect pinot noir and you’re in for the most delicious evening of Jumbo Shrimp Parmesan you’ve ever had...Buon appetito!