Get a taste of the tropics with a dish that spans tastes from the Caribbean. These Jerk Shrimp Tacos combine spicy grilled jerk shrimp with a sweet, juicy grilled pineapple salsa, a simple red cabbage slaw for some crunchy texture, and the cool, creamy (and rummy) flavor of pina colada crema (cream sauce) folded into warm corn tortillas. It's simply divine!
Servings: 4 Prep time: 35 minutes Cook time: 10 minutes
1. Marinate the shrimp in the jerk marinade for at least 20 minutes and up to overnight.
2. Skewer the shrimp and grill over medium-high heat until cooked, about 1-3 minutes per side.
3. Toss the cabbage in half of the crema.
4. Assemble tacos by placing the slaw on the tortillas, followed by the pineapple salsa and shrimp finally topping with a drizzle of crema.
Pina Colada Crema
All of the flavors of a pina colada in a crema that's perfect for jerk tacos and other Caribbean inspired dishes.
Prep Time: 10 minutes / Total Time: 10 minutes Servings: 1 cup
1. Puree everything in a food processor and enjoy!
Jerk shrimp tacos are the perfect weekend meal to make for parties and get-togethers, or a fall tailgate party (you can make the salsa, slaw and pina colada crema ahead of time and take the ingredients with you). And we guarantee they'll go fast, so make plenty for everybody!
Lobster Gram makes it all easy all around by bringing you fresh-caught seafood from around the world for fabulous experiences with friends and family! And, if you're really hungry for another delicious dish, learn about how you can make your own clarified butter – perfect, for, well just about anything!
Recipe and photo credit: closetcooking.com