There is something all too irresistible about the taste of garlic shrimp and scallops. Any time these two shellfish delights are teamed together in a recipe, we think they’re a match made in heaven with a taste that’s divine!
This recipe for garlic shrimp and scallops is a rich, savory dish that’s elegant and delicious, and sure to please. It’s the kind of seafood dish that can be served over rice or pasta, in a bowl or on plate, or tweaked with different kinds of spices to bring out any number of international flavors.
Save this recipe for a special occasion when you want to make an impression on family, friends, or that special someone! Today’s recipe comes from GeniusKitchen.com
Ready In: 30 minutes
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons garlic, slivered
- ½ teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- ½ lb. large shrimp, peeled, deveined
- ½ lb. bay scallops
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- 4 tablespoons chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon fresh lime juice
- ½ cup finely chopped fresh Italian parsley
- Salt and pepper
- In a large heavy skillet, heat the oil over medium heat.
- Add the garlic and sauté it until it begins to brown.
- Remove the garlic with a slotted spoon and set aside.
- Add the pepper flakes to the skillet and increase the heat to medium high.
- Add the garlic, shrimp, scallops, and paprika.
- Sauté for 1-2 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Add the chicken broth and cook for 1 minute.
- Remove the shrimp and scallops with a slotted spoon, place on a platter; set aside and keep warm.
- Add the lime juice, parsley, and salt and pepper to taste to the pan and just heat through.
- Pour the sauce over the shrimp and scallops and serve immediately.
If you want to use larger sea scallops, feel free to use them. The red pepper flakes will definitely give it a bit of a kick, so if you want to substitute a different spice, for example, curry, give it a try. The wonderful taste and full flavor of the shrimp and scallops will come through along with the subtle tease of other seasonings.
The beauty of this recipe is that it’s very versatile and easy to switch up a number of ways with ingredients the might better suit your taste palate and those of your guests. Serve it with some tasty asparagus and a pinot grigio, and get ready for some delicious eating!