If you are looking for a great Mardi Gras recipe, this one is for you... Creole Crab Burgers made with fresh Jonah Crab Meat!
- 1 pound fresh Jonah Crab Meat
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 3 scallions, thinly sliced
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 3/4 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne
- 1 3/4 cups fine dry bread crumbs, divided
- 3/4 cup vegetable oil
- 4 Kaiser rolls or hamburger buns, split and toasted
- Accompaniments: Remoulade & iceberg lettuce
Stir together crab meat, mayonnaise, scallions, egg, Worcestershire sauce, mustard, cayenne, 1/4 teaspoon salt, and 3/4 cup bread crumbs in a bowl until just combined. Form into 4 (1-inch-thick) patties (3 1/2 inches in diameter; patties will be soft but will firm up when fried). Spread remaining cup bread crumbs on a plate, then dredge patties in crumbs, knocking off excess, and transfer to a platter. Heat oil in a 12-inch heavy skillet over medium heat until it shimmers, and then fry patties, turning over once, until golden, 5 to 6 minutes total. Transfer to paper towels to drain. Assemble burgers with buns and accompaniments.