Wake up to a breakfast treat that will take you on an imaginary island getaway. Imagine a romantic breakfast in bed with coffee, juice, fresh fruit and a delicious plate of Caribbean Crab Cakes Benedict!
Well, If you can imagine it, you can make and enjoy it in the comfort of your own bedroom. This dreamy eye-opener is a treat from My Recipes.com:
Caribbean Crab Cakes Benedict
Yield: 6 Servings
- 3 saltine crackers
- 3 (1-ounce) slices French bread, torn
- 1 pound fresh lump crabmeat, drained
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 egg white
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- ½ teaspoon ground ginger
- ¼ teaspoon ground red pepper
- ¼ teaspoon seafood seasoning
- ¼ cup peanut oil
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 avocados, peeled and sliced
- 6 large eggs, poached
- Cracked black pepper
- Garnish: diced red bell pepper
- Place crackers in a blender or food processor; process until finely ground. Place bread in blender or food processor; process until finely ground.
- Combine crab meat, mayonnaise, cracker crumbs, bread crumbs, egg white, and next 4 ingredients in a large bowl. Cover and chill 8 hours.
- Shape crab mixture into 6 (4-inch) patties. Cook crab cakes, in batches, in hot oil and melted butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat 4 minutes on each side or until golden.
- Place avocado slices and poached eggs on crab cakes, and top with Caribbean Hollandaise Sauce and pepper. Garnish, if desired.
- 4 egg yolks
- ¼ cup Key lime juice
- 1 cup butter, cut into pieces
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ⅛ teaspoon ground red pepper
- ⅛ teaspoon ground ginger
Whisk yolks in top of a double boiler; gradually whisk in juice. Place over hot water (do not boil). Add butter, ⅓ cup at a time, whisking until smooth. Whisk in remaining ingredients. Cook, whisking constantly, 10 minutes or until thickened and a thermometer registers 160º. Serve immediately.
Garnish the crab cakes with cracked black pepper and/or diced red bell pepper, and get ready to enjoy a morning like none other!