As the perfect dish to serve at a party or to bring as an appetizer, dips are at the top of the “must-make” list. Certain dips however, stand out more than your everyday, run-of-the-mill onion dip (with our sincerest apologies to onions!). We think we’ve found one that fits the bill with great seafood taste, easy preparation, and an awesome WOW factor!
Today’s recipe for Blue Crab Dip (Like Joe’s Crab Shack), which holds the original recipe for the dip, comes to us courtesy of GeniusKitchen.com:
Ready In: 20 minutes
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 3 teaspoons heavy whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon apple juice or 1 tablespoon white wine
- 2 tablespoons diced red bell peppers
- 1 tablespoon diced roma tomato
- 2 tablespoons diced green onions
- ½-1 teaspoon liquid crab boil seasoning
- 2 dashes ground mustard
- 2 dashes hot sauce
- 6 ounces lump crabmeat, drained
- 1 tablespoon fresh grated parmesan cheese (to garnish)
Fold all ingredients together except 1 tablespoon Parmesan cheese.
Spread evenly into oven-proof baking dish.
Microwave for 2 minutes.
Transfer to oven and broil till top is slightly browned.
Garnish with Parmesan and serve with Tortilla chips or toasted sourdough baguettes.
For a little more zing, we add extra (about another 1 teaspoon) crab boil, but be careful—it can add quite a kick!
Serve with either bagel chips, savory crackers, or even chips. The beauty of this recipe is that you can easily change up, double up, or jazz up the ingredients to make it to your own liking. So have fun with it, and “take a dip” into deliciousness!