Who doesn’t love a light, tasty, refreshing salad? What better time to enjoy a salad than summertime? And what could be better than adding our favorite crustacean into the mix?
This is the perfect summer appetizer to complete your dinner! If you’re someone who enjoys a tasty salad with a pinch of lobster mixed in, this Block Island Lobster Salad with Citrus Vinaigrette is the salad you’ve been waiting for!
With this easy to make dish, your guests will be finishing their salads in no time, and begging for more! This delectable salad will fit into any meal because of its simplicity and flavorful taste! And don’t forget how nutritious lobster can be for your health!
Today’s recipe comes from the ever impressive Bon Appetit.com!
Prep Time: 15 mins Cook Time: 8 mins (for lobster meat) Serving Size: 4 Servings
- 1 small shallot, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon fresh orange juice
- 2 teaspoons finely chopped fresh tarragon
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, plus more for drizzling
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice, plus more for drizzling
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 1¼-pound lobsters, steamed, meat picked and cut into large pieces, or 2 cups picked cooked lobster meat
- 1 large or 2 small tomatoes, seeds removed, chopped
- ½ English hothouse cucumber, peeled, cut into ¼-inch pieces
- 1 small head of Bibb lettuce, leaves separated
- 1 avocado, sliced
- ½ cup pea shoots (tendrils)
- 2 tablespoons very coarsely chopped fresh chives
How to Make It:
Whisk Lobster meat, mayonnaise, orange juice, tarragon, 2 Tbsp. oil, and 1 Tbsp. lime juice in a medium bowl. Once mixed together add in the salt and pepper to season the dressing. Combine lobster meat, tomato, and cucumber in another medium bowl. Set aside 3 Tbsp. of dressing and drizzle remaining dressing over lobster mixture. Toss to mix together and then season with salt and pepper. Arrange lettuce leaves on a platter and drizzle with a little oil and lime juice; season with salt and pepper. Mound lobster salad over lettuce and top with avocado and pea shoots. Spoon the reserved dressing over salad and finish with chives.
Don’t forget to have fun with the presentation! Salad looking a little green? Add more tomatoes or lobster! Mounding the lobster salad on the lettuce is a great, hands-on experience. Make sure your dish is instagram worthy and we might just give you a shout out!
Such a delicious and summer-y themed salad to satisfy the taste buds of you and your guests! The mix of flavors that this salad brings is easily lovable. The tomato and cucumber adds such a light blast of flavor to this dish helping to keep it fresh and fun!
Pass this recipe on to anyone and everyone! Share it with your friends and family and spread the lobster love!