If you are a fan of Red Lobster's Batter Fried Shrimp, then you are going to LOVE this healthier, homemade version in which the shrimp are baked instead of fried and they taste amazing! Thanks to Diethood for this great recipe!
Prep Time: 10 min
Cook Time: 20 min
Total Time: 30 min
- 1/4-cup olive oil
- 1 bag (12-ounces) Large Shrimp, peeled and deveined with tail on
- 1/2-cup flour
- 2 teaspoons salt, divided
- 2 egg whites
- 1 cup panko crumbs
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- olive oil cooking spray
- chopped fresh parsley, for garnish
- 1 stick (8 tablespoons) butter
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 475F.
- Pour olive oil in a rimmed baking sheet/pan and spread around to cover the bottom of the pan. Set aside.
- In a bowl, combine flour and 1 teaspoon salt; mix to combine.
- Pour the egg whites in a separate bowl and beat lightly.
- In a third bowl, combine panko crumbs, 1 teaspoon salt and cayenne pepper; mix until well incorporated.
- Roll shrimp in flour, one by one, shaking off excess.
- Dip in egg whites and then roll in bread crumbs.
- Transfer shrimp to previously prepared pan and evenly spray each shrimp with cooking spray.
- Bake for 7 minutes; turn over and continue to bake for 5 to 6 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Remove from oven.
- Arrange on serving plate and garnish with fresh parsley.
- Melt butter in a saucepan.
- When completely melted, remove from heat and let stand about 20 seconds.
- Pick up the saucepan and tilt it towards you; using a spoon, remove the foamy layer on top and discard foam.
- Whisk in garlic powder and salt.
- Transfer to a serving bowl.
- Serve with the prepared shrimp.
Note: Serve as appetizer or a meal with a side of broccoli, pasta rice, and/or a salad