When you simply don’t have the time, or need a no-fuss dinner fast, this is one that practically prepares itself. The best thing is that it only takes from 15 to 20 minutes, and Bam! Done. It’s fast, easy, and full of flavor!
Everybody needs that go-to meal that’s oh-so-good-and-easy to throw together after a long day, and this one fits the bill. We’d like to thank GimmeDelicious.com for this delicious recipe:
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 20 minutes
Servings: 4 people
- 1 cup quick cooking rice - basmati, quick cooking, or minute rice
- 1 pound shrimp deveined, shell off
- ¼ cup onion minced or chopped
- 2 cloves garlic minced or crushed
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- ½ teaspoon cumin
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- 1 ¾ cup water
- ¼ cup parmesan cheese, grated (optional)
- Rinse the rice thoroughly with water to remove any excess starch. Soak the rice with plenty of water for 5-10 minutes.
- Heat a large pot or skillet over medium-high heat. Add the oil and onion. Sauté onion for 2-3 minutes or until lightly golden
- Add the garlic, shrimp, and spices. Sauté for 1 minute or until the shrimp begins to turn pink. Add the rice (fully drained) and water. When it starts boiling, cover and lower the heat to low.
- Cook for 10-12 minutes or until rice is fully cooked and has absorbed all the water. After 10 minutes, take the lid off. If there is any excess water, allow it to boil off. Fluff with a fork. Top with a drizzle of parmesan if desired!
You’ll find that the garlic packs more flavor to the dish, but if garlic’s not your thing, feel free to substitute another spice of your desire. Letting the rice cook together with the broth also lets it absorb all the brothy goodness. Now all you need is a side salad and you’re ready to enjoy this fast, delicious meal. But take your time eating, because it’s meant to be enjoyed!